Do you want shiny, healthy, beautiful hair? Who doesn’t! Polls have shown that a bad hair day can often negatively affect a person’s mood and self-esteem. But no need to get all tangled up in negativity! These 7 easy beauty tips will make you proud to show off your beautiful healthy hair and in turn give you a boost in self-confidence. Here’s to no more bad hair days!
1. Cut down on heat styling. Time spent with your hair dryer or straightening iron over time is wreaking havoc on your ambitions for beautiful hair. Extreme heat essentially cooks your hair and can make strands turn dry and brittle. If you must use a heat styling tool, make sure to use the lowest setting possible and add a heat protective spray to buffer any damage from the hot tool.
2. Don’t pluck your gray hairs! As tempting as it may be, plucking can damage the hair follicle and the strand may never grow back. As you age and your hair naturally thins out, you’ll need every strand of hair you can get! Gray hair is perfectly good hair – it just lacks pigment.
3. Massage your scalp. Massaging the scalp stimulates hair growth and feels great. The massage will increase blood flow to your scalp, resulting in better mood and better circulation. For best results, practice daily one minute massages if you’re trying to grow out your strands!
4. Try a natural hair mask. You already know that avocado makes a fabulous nourishing body scrub, but did you know that you can also use avocado to nurture those thirsty hair strands! Blend ½ an avocado and 1 egg yolk in a blender and apply to hair, working from the ends up to the scalp. Wrap hair in a shower cap and wait 15-20 minutes. Rinse out in the shower and shampoo and condition as usual. Your hair will be beautiful, soft, and bouncy!
5. Nourish from within. A balanced diet with lots of water is important for healthy hair. Dehydration can lead to dry and frizzy hair strands, as can a low-fat diet. Remember good dietary fats are essential for nourishing the body. Omega 3 fatty acids such as salmon and walnuts are great choices to incorporate into your regular meal routine. Dietary proteins and iron are also required for hair growth and strength. Eating foods high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants also have a positive effect on hair.
6. Add supplements as needed. Since no one eats perfectly all the time, taking a good multivitamin is wise to fill any gaps that may be in our diet. Specific nutrients needed for beautiful hair include Vitamin D, Zinc, and B-Complex. Vitamin D is important for hair follicle cycling and appropriate levels appear to reduce hair loss. Zinc is also important for healthy hair. Insufficient zinc levels may result in hair loss, thin and dull hair, or premature graying. B-Complex vitamins support beautiful hair. Biotin, niacin and cobalamin are among the most popular B-complex vitamins that help restore shine and thickness to strands. In addition to supplements, picking the best collagen for hair growth may help make progress to your goals as well.
Not sure where to start?
You can take a look at our selection of supplements.
Need more personalized approach ?
Contact us via Chat, available 7/7 a professional naturopath will be happy to help you.
This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information from this article for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read in this article.
- How to Get Beautiful Hair in 7 Easy Steps April 4, 2017By Tamara Bernadot https://www.personanutrition.com/blog/tips-for-beautiful-and-healthy-hair/